Let’s take a look back at some of the highlights of our 2019 Adoreum Club Calendar.
In keeping with our core values Friendship – Philanthropy – Integrity – Compassion – Fun, Adoreum hosted dozens of memorable events in London, Zurich, and further afield, with many more planned for 2020.
We have invested in some incredible businesses this year including – Audoo, Object Media, Finda, 15th Degree, Marco Polo and Sourcing Investments; and introduced many new friends, learned a lot, assisted our members with business development, and had tons of fun along the way!
- We kicked off 2019 with an insightful breakfast event featuring Sir Clive Woodward, OBE – still England’s only World Cup winning coach…unfortunately. He believes that, “Winning culture is all about being a sponge and relentless learning’”.
- Jim Mellon provided a fascinating insight into the science behind enabling people to live longer and healthier lives.
- Code 8 provided our Adoreum Empowers (previously Thought Leadership) members with an intriguing method of applying make-up that can easily transition a particular “look” from day to evening.
- Jennifer Schneider later on in the year spoke on empowering women to create their own personal brand by producing a capsule wardrobe.
- Katie Brindle’s talk on ancient Chinese medicine at Mortimer House was eye-opening. Her theme – “Looking after your health starts with you”.
- Reflecting Adoreum’s interest in the importance of good health and wellbeing, Dr Jack Kreindler gave a talk on “human health, performance, longevity, and prosperity”.
- Adoreum’s Investor Dinner Series included small focussed events at The Square Mayfair and Ten Trinity Private Members Club, where members enjoyed the finest food and wines.
- Overseas Trips – we invited our Swiss contacts in Zurich to a great Adoreum Club breakfast in the snow (in February) and sun (35 degrees in June), held on the stunning terrace at The Dolder Grand Hotel.
- Epic Adoreum Club Lunches – We held five fantastic Adoreum Club lunches – at Kym’s, No. 29, The Dolder Grand (Zurich), Sette at The Bulgari, and The Berkeley.
- As always, we love catching up with our influential PA/EA Network each quarter, and hosted exciting events at The Langham Hotel, The Berkeley Hotel and The Athenaeum.
This year we took things to the next level by creating and hosting our first ever summit – The Modern Affluence Summit. The summit was held in Bloomberg’s iconic, Lord Norman Foster-designed, eco-friendly headquarters in the City of London; along with our partners KEKO and VICE. The summit’s focus was about being BRAVE; and educating luxury brands on communicating with, and engaging, the younger generation of millennials –https://mattb50.sg-host.com/modern-affluence-summit/.
Following the summit, Adoreum Club members enjoyed a delicious three-course lunch at Kym’s Chinese restaurant recently opened in Bloomberg Arcade.
Other special events included: hosting Adoreum Club members at Highclere Stud to better understand the bloodstock industry; exclusive VIP shopping days at Bicester Village; private functions at Auto Vivendi’s super-car showroom; access to Hearst Media events such as Club QP and the 2019 Harper’s Bazaar summit, “Connecting Visionary Women”.
Our Business Development Director, Katie Barker, was twice invited on behalf of Adoreum (May and November) to participate in and speak at the “Representing Rolls-Royce Dealer Conference” in Barcelona . Her speech was on, “Educating Rolls-Royce on how to engage and build trusted relationships with high net worth females”.
Philanthropy and supporting charities and those less fortunate than ourselves is a core tenet that underlines Adoreum’s ethos and philosophy. We endeavour to spend 20% of our time to supporting charities. Over the past year we have supported a number of charities including UNICEF, Royal Academy of Arts Schools, Mellon Educate, Medical Detection Dogs and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Two Adoreum Club breakfast events were focussed on charitable initiatives – UNICEF Executive Director Mike Penrose; and the inspiring team who train medical detection dogs.
- We supported the Royal Academy of Arts Schools 250th Anniversary dinner and auction.
- We assisted with fundraising for, and attended, the Sparks Clay shoot for Great Ormond Street Hospital, held at the Royal Berkshire Shooting School.
- Adoreum supported the UNICEF Halloween Ball for the third year in a row, with both Marcus and Georgia on the committee, in aid of the charity’s life-saving work for children in danger around the world.
We have some exciting news that our CEO Marcus will be running in the London Marathon in April to raise money for the Chrohn’s and Colitis Foundation. – We will keep you up-to-date on Marcus’s progress over the next couple of months.
The Adoreum Club platforms we have created provide powerful business development tools for charities and we plan to open these platforms up to other incredible charities next year.
We are thrilled to have officially welcomed the brilliant and unique David Tabizel as Chairman of Adoreum https://mattb50.sg-host.com/people/david-tabizel/. As some of you may know, David is known as the Godfather of the internet industry in Europe, having written the first book about the internet in 1993 and co-founded three billion-pound listed technology companies and dozens of others.
We also welcomed Rob Suss as Partner https://mattb50.sg-host.com/people/rob-suss/ – Rob is an old friend of Adoreum and formally a Managing Director of Goldman Sachs where he ran various wealth management businesses across Europe. Rob is Chairman of the Royal Academy Schools and owns one of Europe’s best contemporary art collections.
WHAT WE HAVE LEARNED THIS YEAR
Corporate integrity, loyalty and honesty matters in the too-often ruthless commercial environment. Integrity, loyalty and honesty are three of our principal values. Let’s do good things, make things happen, and make it fun.
Thank you to all our members and friends for your support, laughter, goodwill, and business collaborations this year.
We are also grateful to everyone outside of the Adoreum Club team who has so generously supported us in our work and our passions – attending our events with us, offering venues, donating prizes, providing sponsorships, and so on.
We want to say a special thank you to our friend and co-founder Rob Hersov, who, despite stepping down as Chairman will be our honorary Life President.
WE WISH YOU ALL A SAFE AND HAPPY FESTIVE SEASON AND A FABULOUS 2020!
Lots of love from Marcus and the Adoreum Team of 2019